Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Kind Hello

Hi my name is Terri. I'm a happily married mother of one wonderful little girl. I wanted to find a way to deal with life's many frustrations without driving my husband crazy. So I thought, what better way than to share it with the world, and maybe we can all find a way to make our own lives better, if not the world. So come join the "crop" and lets see what grows.
One of the biggest frustrations I have right now deals with people in general. What has happened to the simple act of human kindness? I know we're all wrapped up in our own little worlds, but why can't we find the time just to be kind? I'll be the the first to admit that I'm not always kind to people. But I have learned, by raising my daughter, how important it is to at least try. Children learn from being taught and by example, so isn't it time we showed them how to treat people and to not be so selfish?
My daughter and I were watching the old TV series "The Waltons" the other day (remember that one? It dealt with a large family during the Great Depression), and it made me sad to think that those people, who had nothing, were kinder to strangers than most people are today. Why have we changed so much? I'm not talking about going out and giving the homeless all your money. Just the smallest thing like opening a door for someone or letting them go ahead of you in the checkout line if they have less than you do at the store.
Well that's my first blog. I would love to hear from anyone who might have an opinion or any ideas on how we can change the way our lives have become. Maybe if we can share these things we can keep our lives from becoming so frustrating.
Until next time... Share a smile with a stranger. It doesn't cost a thing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. The world could use a lesson in courtesy.

    ReplyDelete