Thursday, March 4, 2010
Even though only one person has read my blog since I posted it I'm not giving up yet. I believe there are lots of people out there that would love to share their opinions. Or just want to get something off their chests. In reference to my previous blog, I was amazed the other day by a true act of human kindness! I went into my local convenience store and a girl I knew came in and said "I think I left here this morning without paying for my gas, It was $15.00 worth". Well the manager was working and she said "we knew someone had but we weren't sure who it was, and when we were discussing it this morning one of our regular customers felt bad about it and paid for it". Of course the girl gave them the money to give back to the customer and everything worked out. So everyone felt good about the situation including me, even though it had nothing to do with me. I thought about this off and on all day and every time I did it made me smile. It was a wonderful thing to see someone go out of their way to help other people, you just don't see that much now days. And I applaud the person that did this act, they deserve a big round of applause!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the blog world!! That's a good example of human kindness. Sure do need more examples like that.
ReplyDeleteHonesty and kindness. More rare than precious gems.
ReplyDeleteYou know it's interesting and GREAT that someone would come back to take care of that. I remember a time a couple years ago that I was getting groceries with my kids in tow (naturally!) and of course there were coats and things in the bottom of the cart. We paid, walked to the van, and down in the cart below all the bagged groceries was a bottle of deodorant, unpaid for. :( I put the groceries in the van and walked the kids back inside with the deodorant to give back to WM, explaining the whole way to my boys why we were doing this. I got in there and handed it back to the manager and she actually gave me a weird look and said, "You should have just kept it...I know I would!" I politely told her WHY we wouldn't keep it, and that as the manager she should be appreciative of customers who try to do the right thing rather than steal from her store.
ReplyDeleteHuman kindness is great....but it's so sad for me to see people NOT recognize people doing the right thing when it happens. What does that teach our children?